Monday, June 16, 2008

To LOVE me is to KNOW me...

Blog from my Multiply site...
http://pampam223.multiply.com/journal/item/2/To_LOVE_me_is_to_KNOW_me...

Here is the typical opening sentence new bloggers always begin their first blogs with... "this is the first time I'm doing this, so I'll just start by writing what I feel..." But what about WRITING about writing about WHAT I KNOW...??

I know the saying in the title really goes the other way around but I strongly feel that you can not truly LOVE someone unless you really know that person... that said, I guess my aim here is to give up just enough about me to have you decide if you want to LOVE me. And I mean love in the friendly, brotherly/sisterly way... And to know me, you will find that I am a good person all around...

All that said, here is a list of WHAT I KNOW:

I am a wonderful wife... and although we're not perfect, we attribute the success of our marriage to knowing that we are a team. We realize AND respect the fact that we need to WORK on our MARRIAGE EVERYDAY!

I am a wonderful mother... with the typical temper flair ups every now & then, but if you saw how my son clings to me, you'll see that he's a Mama's boy! My step-son & I are also pretty close... but truthfully, keeping a balance between trying to be his mother-away-from home and a friend is very often a fine line.

I am a wonderful daughter... most of the time! I try to live up to the expectations that my parents had raised me with and can only hope that I am not only living up to it--but rather that

I am surpassing it!

I am a wonderful friend... I still have the same circle of friends since grade shcool & high school...
I love to make them laugh, make fun of them... make fun of myself... to keep the humility & fun in our friendships!

I am friendly... enough.... I still have the same best girlfriends per above, but now that we've moved from NJ to MD and I have made plenty of new friends... NOTHING will EVER replace my best girlfriends from home!! SHOUT OUT TO THE JCREW (Jersey City Crew) GALS!! hehehhehehe

I am wonderfully loyal... see above!!

I am a first-generation Filipina-American... My parents weren't the only ones who emigrated to the United States... I did too when I was 2 yrs, 10 months...

I am originally from JERSEY CITY... something I am so proud of because I would never change a thing about where and how I grew up!

I am a hardworker... in every facet of my life...

I am a procrastinator... as hard of a worker I am, I can procrastinate just as hard!

I am trying to figure out what my newest interests really are... I keep taking up new hobbies but
have yet to really, follow through with completing any tasks or projects... see statement directly above this...

I am creative... to a fault... see above...
I am street smart... because of where I grew up, I learned to keep myself safe by always being aware of my surroundings, who's walking near or beside me, who's lingering near my car in a parking lot...

I am a laugher... there is nothing better in life than a GREAT laugh daily... soooo glad my husband & I are together coz he keeps me laughing! Looks like my son is on his way to having that same personality!

I am a cryer... I feel so much empathy (and lots of times sympathy) for others that I cry at the drop of a hat... I cry at commercials!!

I am a good dancer... a trait that I am proud of ever since the 8th grade, when I was voted Best Dancer... OK, 3-way tie with Mayette Mahiya & Rodelia Rodriguez... but at least we were all Filipinas!! LOL... I also love the Hip Hop class & Latin Dancing classes I'm currently taking... although I will tell you that I already know how to do all the ballroom dances because I'm a multiple-cotillion-alum.

I am a bit embarassed by compliments... at work, it always feels good to hear when my boss & colleagues comment on how my presence was missed when I've been away on vacation... and I find myself at a loss for words, unable to accept the compliment! When someone compliments something I'm wearing, I automatically will tell that person where I bought it, how much I paid for it, what's wrong with it, etc. etc., instead of just plain saying, "THANK YOU."

I am always late... usually by no more than 10 minutes... no matter how hard I try, no matter how early I've woken up or gotten ready, i can never bring myself to leave early for work or an event until 5-10 mins past the last possible minute that would have brought me there exactly on time in the first place!!

I am an insomniac... or working my way towards it! My husband is a cop & his schedule changes every few months... and it seems as if his shifts get longer and longer, sending him home safely to us later & later... now his schedule gets him off his shift at 1:00 in the morning but sometimes he doesn't get home till past 2:00 if he's got a late lockup or needs to finish paperwork
....there you have it, just some of the things I recognize about myself, both good and not so positive... but things I can definitely work on!! I know blogs shouldn't be so long, especially as a first one, but I got carried away!!

Oh yeah, here's another one...
I am someone who gets carried away.... here to hoping that my enthusiasm for blogging will get me carried away & writing!!! hahahhaha

No comments:

Post a Comment